Bus Cancellations And School Closure Procedures
*See below information regarding school closures
INCLEMENT WEATHER REMINDERS
When the temperature (with or without) wind chill reaches -20 Celsius, students will enter school immediately upon arrival in the morning and remain indoors during nutrition breaks.
It is a parent’s decision whether to send their child to school on inclement weather days.
Cancelling School Buses and Closing Schools Due to Bad Weather
During the winter months, inclement weather may cause the disruption of bus transportation and regular school operations. In case of inclement weather, the decision to close schools and/or cancel buses is communicated beginning at 6:30 a.m. in the following ways:
Primary Methods of Communication:
• Halton District School Board website (www.hdsb.ca)
• Halton Student Transportation Services (www.haltonbus.ca)
• Telephone recording through the Board’s main switchboard at 905-335-3665 or Toll free at 1-877- 618-3456
• Television Stations: CHCH, CITY TV, CP24
• AM Radio Stations: CFRB 1010 AM, CJOY 1460 AM, CHML 900 AM, CKOC 1150 AM, CHWO 740 AM, AM680NEWS, CHAM 820 AM.
• FM Radio Stations: CHFI 98.1 FM, WAVE 94.7 FM, Y108/107.9 FM, CING 95.3 FM, KLITE 102.9 FM, CBC 99.1 FM, CIMJ 106.1 FM.
Supplementary Methods of Communication:
The Home Notification System will email the homes of approximately 60,000 students (between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m.). Delays are caused by limitations of external email hosts receiving our messages, spam protection, as well as other GTA school boards sending messages that morning.
For this reason the Home Notification System is supplementary to TV, radio and website communication.
• Twitter – School closures and bus cancellations will be tweeted to followers at @HaltonDSB
For more information about school bus transportation on the www.hdsb.ca website,
use the search function under “Policies” and “Inclement Weather”
Parent Info >